Is the Government Ready to Bust Anti-CAA ‘Myths’ at Shaheen Bagh?

Shaheen Bagh
Union information and technology minister Ravi Shankar Prasad

In a latest development to the ongoing anti-CAA protests across the country and its most important focal point, Shaheen Bagh– the Central government had indicated a willingness to listen to the protestors but based on a condition. Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad in a tweet message on Saturday said that the Narendra Modi government was ready to talk about the citizenship law with the protestors at Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh if the request is made in a structural manner. Answering questions about the possibility of a dialogue with protestors at Shaheen Bagh, Ravi Shankar Prasad said, “The government is ready to talk to protestors of Shaheen Bagh but then it should be in a structured form and the Narendra Modi government is ready to communicate with them and clear their doubts against the CAA.”

The Shaheen Bagh protest has also been echoed in many of the BJP’s election rallies off late and the BJP has gone ahead and alleged that the protestors have been getting support from the Congress and the AAP.

It was earlier in the week that BJP MP Pravesh Verma entered controversy alleging that protestors who had been doing a sit-in at Shaheen Bagh against the CAA would enter the homes of people and indulge in raping and killing of women and that it was only the BJP that could prevent this from happening. The MP has been since taken off the BJP’s star campaigners list by the Election Commission. 

The protests at Shaheen Bagh have been continuing for over one month despite many hardships and difficulties along with a section of organisers pulling out on January 2. The protestors have been using very unique methods of protest and expressing their dissent. The Delhi Police too has issued many requests to the protestors to clear the road that connects Delhi, Noida and Shaheen Bagh.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here