The total number of Covid-19 positive cases in India is 101K and the number of deaths 3,163. Worldwide the number of cases reached to 4.81M and 319K people died.
- WHO says COVID-19 could cause ‘extreme poverty’ for over 60 million people.
- Uttarakhand reports 7 COVID-19 cases.
- Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday asked Centre to coordinate bus services “between those states where train load is not available currently”, reports said.
Alert – Three new #COVID + cases detected from Sarusajai Quarantine Centre. Now the total patient count goes to 157.
I request all to maintain #SocialDistanacing, must wear masks, and wash your hands frequently.
Update 11:00 pm / May 19 pic.twitter.com/Zqlqts0OTY
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) May 19, 2020
- Haryana: Total 910 positive COVID19 cases & 14 deaths have been reported till date
- Aarogya Setu app must for employees: MHA
- Prohibition on domestic passenger flight operations & scheduled international commercial passenger services extended till 31st May 2020: DGCA
Govt of Jammu & Kashmir has ordered that the lockdown guidelines issued by govt on 3rd May shall continue to remain valid in J&K till 19th May, 2020 pic.twitter.com/ZzB0ivbZoE
— ANI (@ANI) May 17, 2020
- Gujarat cases up by 391 to 11,380, toll reaches 659.
- Madhya Pradesh reports 187 fresh cases, five more deaths, total 2326.
- Chennai witnesses the second highest spike in coronavirus cases as 538 people test positive in last 24 hours. A total of 798 more cases and 6 deaths have been reported in Tamil Nadu today, reported News18
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today interacted with the Chief Ministers of all the States and Union Territories in the country to discuss the road ahead in India’s fight against #COVID19: PM’s Office pic.twitter.com/gaCZkC1raM
— ANI (@ANI) May 11, 2020
- 174 new COVID-19 cases reported in Rajasthan
Glad to share that 5 #COVID19 patients of Bongaingaon, who were admitted at MMCH, are discharged today. Total discharged patients are 39 now.
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) May 11, 2020
- Uttar Pradesh reported 109 new cases of coronavirus on Monday, taking the total count to 3,573.
- “We will agree with whatever decision the Centre takes on lockdown but our advice is to extend the lockdown till the end of May,” said Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar during video conference with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday.
- RD Bajpai, Railways Executive Director said that more than 450 ‘shramik special trains’ and brought over five lakh migrants to their respective states.