India’s total number of COVID-19 infections reaches 3.54M . The death toll has risen to 63,498 and 2.71M have recovered so far the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare said.
- After August 4, India recorded highest single day jump in COVID-19 cases.Worldwide coronavirus cases crossed 25M, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
- The death toll crossed rose to 843K. More than 16.4M people have recovered so far.Delhi recorded highest single day spike with 1,954 fresh cases. The total number of cases reached 1.71 lakh and 4,404 deaths. The capital has seen the jump after 50 days as authorities said.
- The Delhi Metro is going to start in September with fresh guidelines. Masks and smart cards are mandatory for passengers to travel in metro.
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee is still in deep coma, hospital authorities said.
- Singapore is offering free coronavirus tests for food delivery workers, taxi drivers and hawkers. The total number of cases is 56,771 and fatality rate is 27.
- Chennai streets are deserted and shops are closed in the state capital as the state observes complete lockdown today.