India recorded 69, 878 new coronavirus cases on Saturday and the total number of infections is now close to 30 lakh. The death toll has risen to 55,794 and 2.1M have recovered so far, according to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Worldwide coronavirus cases crossed 22.8M, according to the Johns Hopkins University. The death toll crossed rose to 796K. More than 14.6M people have recovered so far.
- Rajasthan reported 612 new Covid-19 positive cases and five deaths in the last 24 hours, taking the total cases to 68,566 including 938 deaths, 52,721 recoveries and 14,907 active cases: State Health Department.
- In Jharkhand a Coronavirus patient killed himself in the Covid ward of RIMS hospital.
Former Chief Minister of Jharkhand MP Shibu Soren and his wife Rupi Soren have tested positive for coronavirus.
- WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said “We have a disadvantage of globalisation, closeness, connectedness, but an advantage of better technology, so we hope to finish this pandemic before less than two years.”
- The number of death due to COVID-19 reached 227 in Assam after six more deaths were recorded in the last 24 hours, conforms Assam Health Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
- More than one lakh COVID-19 patient have recovered in West Bengal after 3,082 patients recovered from the disease on Friday, according to a bulletin released by the state health department. The total number of cases reached 132K and death toll climbed to 2689.