- In a tweet, Congress leader and MP Shashi Tharoor questioned why Union Home Minister Amit Shah was admitted to a private hospital called Medanta in Gurgaon instead of being admitted to a public hospital. Tharoor twitted “Wonder Why Home Minister Chose Not To Go To AIIMS”.
True. Wonder why our Home Minister, when ill, chose not to go to AIIMS but to a private hospital in a neighbouring state. Public institutions need the patronage of the powerful if they are to inspire public confidence. https://t.co/HxVqdREura
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) August 3, 2020
- On 5th August, the Ram Temple ceremony is going to happen in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.In the invitation card, the names of PM Narendra Modi and three others are mentioned. It is reported that along with PM Modi, RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat, UP Governor Anandiben Patel and UP CM Yogi Adityanath are also mentioned as key invitees.
- Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa on Sunday said he has tested positive for COVID-19.
I have tested positive for coronavirus. Whilst I am fine, I am being hospitalised as a precaution on the recommendation of doctors. I request those who have come in contact with me recently to be observant and exercise self quarantine.
— B.S. Yediyurappa (@BSYBJP) August 2, 2020
- In a recent development in Kulbhusan Jadav case the Islamabad High Court asked the Pakistan government to allow Indian officials to appoint legal representative for Mr. Jadav, reported India Today.
- In an attack on a prison in Afganistan’s Jalabad by the Islamic State terrorist organization more than 29 persons were killed and 50 injured.
- A recent report claimed that around 57 lakhs people have been affected in Assam flood and 109 people have lost their lives post last week of May.
- The situation of people in Bihar is becoming difficult every day, Coronavirus and massive floods have made the situation worse. The total number of affected people is 53.67 lakh and 13 people have died so far because of the floods.